And here are my sketchbook pages with some designs inspired by this whole garment and the finished product.
Here are just some quick observation sketches and pictures from my sketchbook of the whole deconstruction process.
And here we have the finished piece before and after I spray painted it. I really liked the original color of the garment but didn’t like how shiny it was, so I sprayed it with a sort of matte grey paint so kind of cover it up. I also painted the batting with gesso because it was so disgusting on it’s own from living on a homeless person for years.
Here are some photos of me experimenting with the deconstructed pieces on the dress form. I just started putting pieces in unconventional places and saw how they worked on the body.
So for my fashion design class we had to do a deconstruct/reconstruct project where we had to take a pre existing garment and transform it into something else. I started with an 80’s puffer ski jacket and here are some pictures of the beginning of the deconstruction.
club kids on joan rivers